Vegetables with Yogurt Sauce
- white beer
- fruit beer
- lambic beer
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
Ingredients for sauce (A):
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- little salt
1. Place some kitchen paper in a colander, pour the plain yogurt into it and drain for 10 minutes.
2. Cut the cucumber into sticks and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt.
3. Boil water in a pan, add 1 teaspoon of salt (extra amount) and boil the asparagus for 1-2 minutes. Drain in a colander.
4. Put the water strained plain yogurt in a bowl and mix well with the sauce ingredients (A).
5. Pat the asparagus dry with kitchen paper, display on a plate, sprinkle with a little salt and finish with the yogurt sauce.
Recipe and Photo: Yukiko Atarashi & Shinya B